FlySpirit Airlines Check-In
Spirit Airlines Reservations Online Web Check-In
Being a major airline company in the United States, Spirit Airlines has to handle a lot of traffic and passengers. Previously, there used to be long queues of passengers at the airport to receive boarding passes. But after the advancement of technology and the internet, it has become very easy to check into your Spirit flights at the comfort of your homes. You can still do your check-in at the airport, but with the introduction of Kiosk machines, you can easily get a print of your boarding pass without delays.
Web check-in for Spirit Airlines flights is the most convenient option. Besides, Spirit offers Kiosk check-in, mobile check-in, and airport check-in to help customers check-ins and get their boarding passes. However, you must remember that getting check-in at the airport check-in counter or a self-service kiosk requires you to pay a fee as per the regulations.
Has it ever happened to you that you are standing at an airport to get a boarding pass, and by the time you arrive at the counter, all the window seats have already been booked, and you are left with an aisle or the middle seat? With Spirit Checkin, you get the ability to choose your favorite seats as per your preferences. If you are traveling with your family or a group of friends, you can also select all the seats together so no one feels left out during your flight journey.
Benefits of Online Check inThere are multiple benefits of doing your web check in. Some of these are:
- You can save your precious time and energy by using the online method. You will also avoid standing in long airport queues for hours and waiting for your turn, especially during the COVID times when you have to maintain social distance from other people.
- You can save a lot of money by using some services that cost you more at the airport when compared to the online method. For example, if you buy an additional baggage allowance for checked luggage, it may cost you $40 to $45, but if you buy the same allowance at the time of online checkin or booking, it will cost you around $25 to $30.
Different Methods to Do Check in
There are four major ways by which you can make a check in for your Spirit flight. These are:
Online Check in or Web Check in is a simple way to generate your boarding pass on a computer or your mobile device. The only requirement is a device with an internet browser installed and a functioning internet connection. Now follow the below steps to complete your check-in process:
- Open Spirit Airlines Official Site and click on the check in option in the top left corner of the screen.
- Enter the Passenger’s Last Name and the Confirmation Code you received via an email from our side.
- Now click on the Check-in button, and you’ll see your journey details on the search result page.
- Enter the remaining details, like email ID phone number, choose your seat assignment, and book additional carry-on or checked baggage.
- Make the payment if you opted for any additional services or click on confirm to generate your boarding pass.
- After you have received your boarding pass, you have to take a paper printout of your gate pass.
Online Check-in from Spirit Airlines Official Site or Mobile App
This is probably the easiest method for spirit airlines checkin. To download your boarding pass, all you have to do is download the Spirit Mobile Application through your respective app store. For Android phones and tablets, you have to download the app through Google Play Store, and for iPhones and iPads, you have to download the app through Apple App Store. Once downloaded, open the application and go to the My Trip section. Now, enter your registered last name and the confirmation code you received earlier through the email.
Online ticket booking of Spirit Airlines from the web browser or mobile app helps one complete check-in through the same devices. This check-in can be done from 24 hours to one hour before departure. During check-ins, one can opt for one’s favorite seat and purchase the seat/ seats and extra baggage, if required. However, web check-ins are not suitable for passengers carrying pets, having booked tickets in a group, having paper tickets, or needing any special assistance during traveling. They must go for airport check-in to get the boarding pass.
There are some additional benefits of using the Spirit mobile app. Some of these are;
- Get timely notifications and reminders for every alert related to your journey. For example, we will notify you 24 hours before your departure to complete your check-in process.
- You can directly download your boarding pass on your mobile device or the app. For iPhone users, you can save the boarding card in your Apple Wallet so you can use it later. You just have to scan the QR Code you received at the boarding gates, and you can get your entry.
- You can check the Spirit flights status today using the inbuilt flight tracking option on the app.
Spirit Airlines Check-In At The Airport
Besides the web check-in, customers can complete check-in at the airport from the check-in counters or self-service kiosk. Passengers need to provide their passports’ information and get the boarding pass printed at $10. They can also use a self-service kiosk to get their check-ins done, and print boarding passes for $2. Considering the long queue and time to be taken in airport check-in, travelers must reach the airport a few hours before their scheduled flight departure.
In cases where online check-ins are not allowed, passengers are not required to pay any dime for boarding pass printing fees.
You can also check into your Spirit flight using the kiosk that you can find at the airport. These are mostly touchscreen devices that let you do self-check-in without an agent’s need. You can also get a print of your boarding pass, mostly for free. If you opt for any additional paid services, you can make the payment using your debit or a credit card. These kiosks can save a lot of time, and there are multiple machines installed at an airport. This will also help you skip the long queues at the airport.
To check in with the help of a Kiosk at the airports, go to the Spirit Airlines section at the airport and look for the bright yellow Kiosk machine and follow the below instructions:
- Click on Check-in Here on the screen.
- You’ll get multiple menus. Click on Other Options.
- Here you’ll get options like entering Confirmation Code or Enter Name.
- Choose any one of them. I prefer choosing the Confirmation Code option.
- Enter your six characters code.
- Once done, your name and journey details will appear on the screen.
- At this stage, you can also opt for À La Smarte services such as snacks, wheelchair, and other services.
- Next, accept the terms and conditions that you are not carrying any hazardous material with you that can be dangerous for you as well as others.
- In the next form, enter your email ID to receive status updates, deals, and offers from the airline.
- Click on the Proceed button to continue.
- You can buy additional allowance for carry-on bags or checked luggage on this page. Choose your preference and proceed.
- Now you get two options related to your seat. One is the free options in the airline will automatically assign you a random seat. The other option lets you choose your favorite seat, but this option is chargeable. Click on continue after selecting one.
- Here, you can choose priority boarding options if you don’t like to wait in line. If you pick this option, the airline will charge you extra. You can also leave it unchecked and confirm everything.
- If you buy any additional service, you can make the payment using your debit or credit card. Else just proceed, and you can receive your boarding pass after the printing is complete.
Check in at Spirit Airlines Reservations Counter at the Airport
This is the preferred method for many travelers who are not so tech-savvy. Spirit Airlines also offers the good old method of flight check at the Spirit counter at the airport. When you visit the airport, you can easily find an airline representative that will help you with your boarding pass. The upside of this method is that you can request a window seat or a Big Front Seat, and you can get it even at no extra charge. This totally depends on the availability of seats and the representative.
There is also a downside to this method. To print your boarding pass at the Spirit Airlines counter at the airport, you have to pay an additional charge of $10 per print. Also, if you wish to get the Big Front Seat on the plane, you can miss it as there are only eight seats in an aircraft, and if all of them have already been booked, you will have to compromise on that part.
How To Do Spirit Airlines Flight Check-in
When you have booked a ticket to Las Vegas, Cancun, Florida, or any favorite destination online from the Spirit Airlines site, you can manage your flight booking online from the site itself by going to the ‘Manage My Booking’ section. You can use this ‘Manage my Booking’ section for web check-in and even view seat prices or purchase your favorite seat 24 hours before the flight departure. Besides this, passengers can use a web check-in tab at the home page to conveniently complete the check-in process.
Whether you check-in with a mobile app or from the official site, Spirit Airlines ensures that you don’t find any difficulty getting the boarding pass. For any problem in check-in, you can always contact an expert customer care representative at the customer help desk.
Keeping all documents handy and baggage within permitted size and weight will facilitate prompt and smooth check-in. It will help you get the boarding pass soon.
Passengers Who Can Complete Check-ins at The Airports Only
Check the list to find out what applies to you:
- Passengers traveling with pets
- Travelers traveling on a group reservation of 10 or more
- Unaccompanied minors
- Travelers traveling with a lap infant
- Passengers traveling on Military ID rather than a passport
- Travelers traveling to or from certain international destinations
- Non-U.S. citizens departing from international locations
- Passengers having bought an extra seat or special items
- Travelers who can’t do online check-ins must get it done from a ticket counter agent
Spirit Airlines has a fairly good prestige when it comes to promptness, but things can change at any time. It is important that your carrier offers you the capability to check the flight status. You can effortlessly check your flight details, delay status, and other important data with us.
To check Spiritair Flight Status, just visit the airline’s official website, and on the top-left corner, you’ll find the ‘Spirit Flights Status’ (fourth) option. Click on the option and follow the provided steps:
- Click on the Flight Status button, and you’ll get two options.
- The first option is Check by Destination, in which you have to mention your departure city, arrival city, and the date of journey. After entering all the details, click on the Check Status button to know your status.
- The second option is to Check by Flight Number and enter your flight number and date of departure. Once done, click on the Check Status button to find out your flight status.
You can also do your Spirit flight status check using Spirit Airlines Mobile App. To do so, open the Spirit app and tap on the Flight Status option. Now follow the same steps as the online method, and you’ll be able to check the status.
If you don’t have any of the information regarding flight (flight number or origin-destination), in that case, you can directly call the Spirit Airlines Customer Service Number and get assistance from a team of experienced support advisors.
There are times when one of your friends or family members comes. You don’t know about their flight; you can still use the Spirit Airlines Track A Flight service in which you should just know the details of the origin and the destination, and you can call the airline or the airport to track your Spirit flight.